Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2017 Application Form is now available from September 1 onwards in online mode. The application procedure involves registration, generating GOAPS enrollment ID & password, filling personal & academic details, uploading photograph, signature and left thumb impression along with other documents, etc. Candidates, who wish to apply for admission to M.Tech programmes across IITs and NITs or PSUs recruiting through GATE, must register online for GATE 2017 before October 4.
Documents/ Data required (Indian Candidates):
- Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number, etc.)
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College address, PIN code of college
- GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities
- Scanned image of your photograph
- Scanned image of your signature
- Scanned image of your thumb impression
- Scanned copy in pdf format of Degree Certificate or mark sheet of previous semester/year (for final year candidates) / Provisional certificate (letter) from the Institute for final year students (or pre-final year students of dual-degree streams)
- Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- ID Proof : Only Passport/PAN Card/Voter ID/Aadhaar UID/Driving License/College ID/Employee ID card
- Bank details for application fees.
Before applying, aspirants can check below the required eligibility criteria for filling GATE 2017 Application Form.
GATE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility of candidates as per academic year of passing
4 years completed after 10+2. Final year students are eligible to apply
5 years course completed. Final year students are eligible
4 years course completed after 10+2. Final year students are eligible to apply
Masters in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Science/ M.C.A
Completed or currently in final year
Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post BSc) (Four year programme)
4 years course completed. Students in the 2nd/3rd/4th year are also eligible
Integrated M.E./M.Tech or 5 year Dual Degree (Engineering/ Technology)
Completed. Students in the 4th/ 5th year are also eligible
Integrated M. Sc/Integrated 5 year B.S.-M.S.
Completed. Students in final year are eligible
Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E/B.Tech)
Completed Section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses recognized by UPSC /AICTE
The last date for request for change in the choice of examination city via GOAPS login is November 16, 2016 (Wednesday). GATE 2017 Admit Card will be available on January 5, 2017 (Thursday).
GATE 2017 will be conducted on February 4, 5, 11 and 12 by IIT Roorkee. Over 8 lakh candidates are expected to appear in the national level entrance exam.
Click here to apply for GATE 2017